Government Multispeciality Sector 16 Hospital Chandigarh
Government Multispeciality Sector 16 Hospital Chandigarh earlier known as General Hospital, is one of the Top Government Hospitals in Chandigarh which is well connected by road and air. The Sector 16 Hospital Chandigarh is situated on Madhya Marg of the city, only 300 meters from the well-known Rose Garden, Sector 16, Chandigarh.
GMSH Sector 16 Hospital Chandigarh
GMSH Sector 16 Hospital Chandigarh is a patient-friendly hospital, known for prompt and effective services. It caters to the conditions of all alike. Sector 16 Hospital Chandigarh is a 500 bedded hospital that has 24 hrs round clock emergency and indoor facilities manned by specialists.
GMSH Sector 16 Hospital Chandigarh comprising of three blocks viz, Pre and Postoperative pavilion, Inpatient department and Day Hospital, has 24-hour emergency services. There are 50 + OT Gynecology and Obstetrics, 10 Theatre; 10 Operating rooms; 20 CT scans, and 15 Diagnostic Imaging Units. The hospital has specialised departments for Orthopedics (Spine), Neuro medicine & rheumatology, Paediatrics [Neonates to Adolescents] Ophthalmology. The hospital provides a full spectrum of health care services to the people of the region. Hospitals like this do not just provide medical skills but also a host of allied services that assure the patient that his problems will be addressed at the earliest.
The hospital has a fully equipped Ophthalmology cum Diabetic Testing Laboratory and an additional diagnostic unit with highly advanced state-of-the-art equipment. Block II is located on the third floor of the building where three luxurious and well-ventilated ward rooms are available for the use of visiting specialists, hence providing complete privacy to patients.
The hospital is equipped with the latest state-of-the-art facilities like the Air Conditioned Auditorium, T.V. Studio, Conference Room and a well-equipped library with a huge collection of books on various subjects. The hospital is also well connected by all major modes of transportation like road, rail, air and water.
Sector 16 Hospital Chandigarh Day Opening Hours
- Sunday Open 24 Hours
- Monday Open 24 Hours
- Tuesday Open 24 Hours
- Wednesday Open 24 Hours
- Thursday Open 24 Hours
- Friday Open 24 Hours
- Saturday Open 24 Hours
Casualty and Emergency Services
1. Casualty Medical officers and house surgeons are available 24 hours every day.
2. Specialist Doctors are available round the clock in Major specialities viz. Medicine, Surgery, Orthopedics, Gynecology and Pediatrics.
3. Surgeons are available round the clock in Respiratory, Nephrology, Orthopedics and Anaesthesiology
4. Emergency medical services have 24-hour coverage.
5. Major accident is always attended by a casualty medical officer who is available round the clock for advice and treatment in a Specialist Trauma Centre for major orthopaedic trauma, spinal injury and burns.
6. Casualty and Emergency Services offers emergency care for all types of trauma and major infectious diseases.
7. The Emergency Department is a multispecialty facility with 24-hour coverage and round-the-clock emergency medical service.
8. Major surgical cases are attended by specialist surgeons of their specialities at the Trauma Centre with round-the-clock care.
9. Hemodialysis, transplantation and other complex medical procedures are performed by Consultants, Surgeons, and Anaesthetists in private units
10. Emergency medical services have 24-hour coverage.
In Patient Charges General Ward Pvt. Ward
Admission Fee Rs. 15 Rs. 50
Daily Charges Rs. 25 Rs. 50
Diet Charges Rs. 25 Rs. 75
A.C. Room Rs. 450 per day
Non-A.C. Room Rs. 300 per day
Director Health Services – 2700255 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Medical Superintendent – 2700273 (email@example.com)
Deputy Medical Superintendent – 2700260 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. All patients admitted in the General wards of the Hospital are treated on Minimum user charges except for Govt. Servants from Punjab / Haryana/ U.T. Residing in Chandigarh, PKL, Mohali / ESI Chandigarh.
2. Yellow card holders, Ex-Servicemen, and Freedom Fighters are provided free treatment.
3. Other cases are charged as per VH.D
4. For those patients who are not covered under the above category of free treatment, then all charges including Government servants of Punjab and Haryana, Ex-Servicemen (Armed and Unarmed forces) up to 90 days ice apply to them.
5. All Patients coming from out of state will be charged as per VH.D or Hospital policy ial prices of the area in which the patient comes from.
6. ON-CODE is applicable for the treatment in all hospitals in the city.
7. We will not participate in any discussion, argument, controversy and all fundraising programmes for any cause including hooliganism and terrorism.
8. The makers of every kind of substance sold at the hospital are strictly advised to desist from such activity as we will take strict action on any breach of this rule.
Top Government Hospitals in Chandigarh
If you are looking for a good hospital near you, you should consider checking out the Government Hospitals in Chandigarh. These hospitals have been rated by Indian Hospital World as having some of the best facilities and services, making them perfect for your care needs. The good hospitals in Chandigarh make it easier for us to find a hospital near us, which is why we have created this list of the Top Government Hospitals in Chandigarh.
Government Medical College & Hospital, Sector 32
The Government Medical College & Hospital, Sector 32 is a general hospital that has the facilities you need for your care. The hospital has been awarded an “A” rating by the Indian Hospital World and offers specialized services in different areas of medicine. It is also a major centre of excellence in medicine and has been ranked as having some of the best doctors in the region.
Address: 32B, Sector 32, Chandigarh, 160030;
Phone: 0172 266 3301
Government Multi Specialty Hospital
GMSH Sector 16 Hospital Chandigarh It is one of the oldest and also Top Government Hospitals in Chandigarh. It is located in sector 16 nearby the rose garden. It has a team of skillfully doctors and surgeons. It provides 24-hour medical assistance to patients.
Address: Sector 16, Chandigarh, 160015;
Phone: 0172 278 2457
University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
This is the 77-year-old medical institute started in Lahore Pakistan in 1944 and lastly, settle in the Chandigarh campus. This institute ranks 31 in India and is one of the most respected colleges.
Address: Panjab University, Sector 14, Chandigarh, 160014;
Phone: 0172 253 4101
Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Pharmacy
Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Pharmacy is a well-known name in the area of technical education. It is properly being run by the Sikh Educational Society since 1982.
Address: Ut Guest House, Chandigarh, 160019;
Phone: 0172 279 1874
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research in Chandigarh, India. The Institute provides medical research, education, and training talents for its students. PGI is the Best Govt Hospital in chandigarh it provide 24 hours medical service
Address: Kairon Block, Sector 12, Chandigarh, 160012;
Phone:0172 275 6565
Which is best govt hospital in Chandigarh?
Government Multi Specialty Hospital is one of the best Govt Hospital in chandigarh It is in sector 16. It has a team of skilled doctors and surgeons. It provides 24-hour medical service to there patients.