Best time to visit Shimla for snowfall
When is the best time to visit Shimla? This is a question that is often asked by people who want to plan their trip to Shimla. I am going to help you decide which month you should visit, and also give some helpful tips for your trip.
Shimla has mild winters with medium average temperatures and cool summers with medium average temperatures. This makes it a great place for tourists that have never visited the region before or for those who do not like extreme weather changes.
When is the best time to visit Shimla?
Shimla is all time favourite tourists destination. But, the best time to visit Shimla is from October to February, when it is in its winter season. Snowfall on mountains is an unforgettable memory in really cold winters. Shimla is one of India’s most popular winter getaways due to its cold winters and snowfall. Winter visitors to Shimla are treated to a beautiful view of snow-covered mountains.
The weather is also really nice around this time. Snow falls throughout Shimla, the beauty of Himachal Pradesh, and the different activities that take place during this season are just a few of the reasons that make it even more appealing.
Other than Shimla, other major places in the region are Manali (North), Kasauli (Central) and Solang etc.
What to do during Winter Season:
There are numerous winter sports activities available in Shimla which can be enjoyed by all. There is an ice skating rink at the Mall Road and another one a few kilometers away from the Mall Road near the Ridge. You can also get a chance to enjoy professional skiing on the top of Mountains as well as playing Snow-ball at Children’s Park.
Shopping is also a great way to spend your winter vacations in Shimla. The Shimla city has a wide range of shops selling souvenirs, handicrafts, clothes, and toy items. Shopping malls are also a great place to meet friends and family. You can shop for traditional Indian clothes or western wear for yourself. Explore the local markets like Lakkar Bazar that is situated the top of Mall Road and famous for its food items or step into the local market for shopping for some souvenirs to take back home.
Things to Remember during this period of time:
- Carry warm clothes like sweaters, jackets, and scarves.
- Wear thick woollen socks to provide extra warmth for your feet during this time.
- Keep some cash in hand because credit cards are not accepted everywhere in Shimla.
Other seasons in Shimla:
Summer season in Shimla is from March to June, This pleasant weather makes it the best time to visit Shimla. Summer visitors can enjoy Shimla, hiking on the mountains, and other activities like rafting etc. Temperature during summer is high around 38 to 48 degrees Celsius. In this weather you will enjoy different sports activities like trekking, trekking, cycling and horse riding etc.
Monsoon is from July to September, this is the best season to visit Shimla. During this time of the year, forest leaves start to change colours and there are amazing views from the mountains. You can enjoy different sports activity like rafting, camping and camping etc.
Winter season in Shimla is from October to February, this is when you will get a chance to see a snow-covered mountain. You will have many local restaurants serving delicious food and souvenir shops selling Indian handicrafts and souvenirs.
Tips for your trip:
- Give yourself some time to explore Shimla and enjoy the amazing beauty of Himachal Pradesh.
- Plan your trip with your family and friends to avoid spending too much time in buses.
- For a comfortable stay, check the prices for hotels. You can also book a cab from the airport.
- The weather of Shimla is colder and rainy in Winter, you need to bring some warm clothes and woollen socks.
- Shimla has numerous shopping malls and tourist spots. There are also multiple restaurants in the city where you can dine or enjoy some light snacks.
- In summer there is not much difference in weather between day and night, so you can wear whatever clothes you like as night time temperatures are also around 30 degrees Celsius.
- Shimla is one of India’s most popular winter getaways due to its cold winters and snowfall. Winter visitors to Shimla are treated to a beautiful view of snow-covered mountains.
- Other than Shimla, other major places in the region are Manali (North), Kasauli (Central) and Solang etc.
By reading the above points you can now decide when is the best time to visit Shimla. I hope this will surely help you in planning your trip to Himachal Pradesh.
Thank you so much and enjoy your holiday in Shimla.
Check out some of our other posts on Superchandigarh.com